Monday, November 26, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

photo: HE>i

It's not just about the turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, or pumpkin pie...it's about spending quality time with family and friends. :) I am thankful for a relaxing and refreshing time in Hawaii...a chance to catch up on sleep, go to the beach, and appreciate the beauty of the island. Once you leave Hawaii, you realize how good you have it here. North shore, Ko'olina, Lanikai, and Waikiki beach will always have a special place in my heart.

Today, Mom, Puppers and I embarked on a hike in the rainforest of Aiea...I forgot how long the hike was and thought we were lost. It took about 2 1/2 hours. Hiking reminds me of life as a walk of faith. "For we walk by faith, not by sight."  -2 Corinthians 5:7 We just need to take the next step and keep walking, even if we don't know what's next. God says He has plans to prosper us, to give us HOPE and a FUTURE...we just need to keep trusting Him. I kept telling my mom, "just a little further" even though I had no idea where we were going. Thankfully, we made it back and so relieved to see the parking lot.

I hope you all had a restful Thanksgiving break and a time to thank God for everything He gives. Love and Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment