Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Spiritual Inventory



I was encouraged by reading this article by my Pastor and mentor, Wayne Ogimachi. It's called "Taking Spiritual Inventory" and helped me to examine my walk with Jesus. Hope it will do the same for you!

Here are the key points:

1) Remove the barriers: "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles." -Hebrews 12:1

2) Commit to persevere: "And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us...let us not grow weary and lose heart." -Hebrews 12:1,3

3) Stay focused on our Lord: "fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." -Hebrews 12:2

How's my...

-RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD...Does He have my heart and soul?
-FAMILY...Am I fully connected with them?
-FRIENDS....Do I enrich and sharpen others as they sharpen me?
-WORK...Does it get my best without driving or owning me?
-LEISURE...Am I balanced?
-FINANCES...Am I a cheerful giver?
-HABITS...What destructive habits hurt me?
-THOUGHTS...Is my mind clean and healthy?
-SPEECH...Is my tongue in check?
-INTEGRITY...What am I hiding?

Wow...so convicting to examine each of these areas.  As Joyce Meyer (one of my favorite authors) says, "I'm not where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment